POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobby POV - blobbytext.jpg (1/1) : Re: Blobby POV - blobbytext.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobby POV - blobbytext.jpg (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Mar 2000 21:04:55
Message: <38d58747@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| In article <38d5581e$1@news.povray.org>, "Bill DeWitt"
| <the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
|
| >     This seems like it is close to generating tubular or rounded text. I
| > know that people have wanted this in the past, would this be a good way to
| > do it? A little more regular distribution of spherical blobs...
|
| The distribution is regular, there are just not enough components to
| make a smooth shape. In this image, the box below the text and the
| "POV-Ray" text object had 2000 components each

This seems an awful lot of components.  I suppose it means the randomness causes
such lumpiness as to prevent a smoother surface.  What if a very thin font with
very little depth were used, shouldn't that help?  And then with large enough
sphere components it could be better for that.  Although this clumped appearance
is very good, I guess it's the efficiency people would seek more often.

Bob